Links

lunes, 11 de marzo de 2013

Raquel Lagartos

My name is Raquel Lagartos and I have a blog called Muerte porTaminas. I am studying Illustration at the School of Art of Oviedo because I would like to pass all my life drawing and telling histories. I began to draw after being involved in reading japanese comic. Then, I discovered european and american comic and my world became spread.

I like authors like Naoki Urasawa, Jiro Taniguchi, Moebius, Greg Capullo, Frank Frazetta or Loisel and I love the ukiyo-e and the simbolysts artists.

I prefer manual techniques because digital programs avoid the beauty of the irregularity and the accident. Watercolor is my favourite way of coloring, and I always use a mechanical pencil because it never gets small or bad sharp.

I like drawing everything because I think that no matter the subject, a good drawer must be able to find the beauty throught the drawing.


Some of my illustrations:











No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario